Scarlet Pearl Cares
ONE Coast • ONE Mission • ONE Family
Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort is excited to announce the official kick-off to our 3rd Annual Scarlet Pearl Cares campaign, an initiative dedicated to giving back to the Mississippi Gulf Coast community that we call home. Throughout the month of October, the Scarlet Pearl family will be raising awareness on key issues facing the Gulf Coast, working together as a company to strengthen and make a difference.
Go Green Initiative
Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort is committed to pushing for efficiency and sustainability with efforts to reduce waste through our Go Green Initiative, as part of our Scarlet Pearl Cares Campaign. We want to reduce our carbon footprint so that future generations can experience our world as we know it now. We will implement robust recycling and reduction initiatives both in partnership with our valued guests, as well as behind the scenes.
- To start, we have implemented the use of Earthtempo Bodycare™ throughout our hotel rooms. Earthtempo™ is an eco-chic personal care line that combines ecologically responsible formulas, highly-recyclable packaging and environmental stewardship to deliver all the right benefits in one package.
- With many in our local community going without basic comforts, we have partnered with local Mississippi Gulf Coast shelters to donate linen seconds; we endeavor to protect the vulnerable, while reducing property waste.
- In our hotel rooms, you will find glassware in the bathrooms and china for your morning coffee. With an exponential growth of plastics threatening marine life and clogging our waste systems, we are committed to protecting and improving our environment one less plastic cup at a time.
How you can make a difference during your stay:
- To reduce the amount of detergents entering our water system, as well as water and energy consumption, we have already adopted an opt-in towel and linen washing initiative. Please hang your towel up if you wish to reuse it and participate in this program, if not, simply leave it on the floor to be replaced. Furthermore, our standard is to change your bed linen every third day of your stay, unless otherwise requested by you.
- When it comes to recycling, we kindly ask that you drop your hotel key card into the key drops provided in the hotel lobby. By doing so, we’re able to recycle and reuse the plastic cards.
- All our hotel rooms are individually climate controlled. Before you leave your room, increase the temperature on your thermostat by just a few degrees. By opting to do so, you’ll be able to help the environment by reducing the property’s carbon footprint.
This is just the beginning – we look forward to nurturing a better tomorrow with no compromise to your comfort.
Spartan Weekend is dedicated to honoring America’s heroes. Scarlet Pearl hosted more than 50 of the nation’s severely injured Veterans and their Caregivers. At the Warfighter Gala, Scarlet Pearl has donated a chair to a deserving veteran over the past two years.
Learn more about Spartan Alliance here.
Susan G. Komen®
We have recognized those who have survived breast cancer, those still facing it, as well as those who have lost their lives to it in our 4th Annual Pink Pearls To Save The Girls Fashion Show. 100% of proceeds from the event will be donated to Susan G. Komen® Central Mississippi Steel Magnolias.
Throughout the month of October, the Scarlet Pearl property lights and our table game felt will also be PINK to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Learn more about Susan G. Komen® here.
Gulf Coast Equality Council
Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort, in partnership with Harrah’s Gulf Coast, will be sponsoring the 3rd Annual Gulf Coast Equality Fest. The purpose of the festival is to bring the Mississippi Gulf Coast community together in an effort to foster and encourage equality while celebrating diversity.
Learn more about Gulf Coast Equality Council here.
Visit Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort’s Facebook Page to see how you can be a part of Scarlet Pearl Cares.