Scarlet Pearl Cares: Keeping Our Family Safe and Well
Updated: July 2, 2020
Statement from LuAnn Pappas, CEO, Scarlet Pearl
In this unprecedented time, taking care of each other is more important than ever. When we first opened the Scarlet Pearl less than five years ago, one of our core tenets was to take care of the Scarlet Pearl Family: Our guests, our associates and our community. As we look to service the best customers on the coast, holding to that tenet is integral. Before we closed our doors in March, Scarlet Pearl was known as the best, safest and cleanest gaming environment on the Mississippi Gulf Coast… and as we open our doors again, it will continue to be just that.
We believe the following initiatives will set a standard for the Gulf Coast region, as we don’t believe we should settle for “the minimum requirements.” As always, we follow and continue to monitor the guidance and regulations of the Mississippi Gaming Commission (MGC), the great state of Mississippi, and of course, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). If we need to further strengthen our program, we will – and we will make sure we execute as an example to our industry. Likewise, should events allow us to loosen social distancing measures – we absolutely will.
Our loyal customers deserve the best in everything: customer service, slots, table games, dining, and hotel. Moving forward, we want the world to know that includes cleanliness and safety.
CEO, Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort
Scarlet Pearl Initiatives to Ensure Guest Safety and Wellness
Scarlet Pearl takes pride in having the cleanest casino resort on Mississippi’s Gulf Coast, due specifically to the efforts of our EVS and Housekeeping teams and reinforced by all front-of-house and back-of-house associates.
To safeguard the health and safety of our guests, Scarlet Pearl have initiated the following procedures and processes to combat COVID-19 and ensure our guests the best gaming experience possible.
Throughout the Scarlet Pearl property we will adhere to all recommendations from the CDC and Mississippi State Department of Health.
- Social Distancing Measures: From the casino floor to our back offices, we are enforcing social distancing measures as recommended by the CDC and the Mississippi State Department of Health. This includes everything from seating at our slots, our dining establishments and even our back-of-house office spaces.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hundreds of hand sanitizing stations are readily available in high-traffic areas throughout our property. Stations are located at key guest and associate contact areas such as resort entrances, reception areas, casino floor, casino cashiers, electronic kiosks, restrooms, elevator landings and elevators. We have given similar treatment to our back-of-house areas for all associates.
- Increase cleaning with certified disinfectants: The Scarlet Pearl uses disinfectant products that have been pre-approved and certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens. We have increased our routine environmental cleaning and adhere to the recommendations set forth by all needed regulatory agencies. Disinfectants are applied during cleaning of our casino floor, guest suites, public spaces, back-of-house areas, and other “high-touch” areas.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Effective July 3, 2020 at 8PM: All guests must wear personal face masks while visiting the resort except while eating or drinking. Masks that obscure the entire face are prohibited.
- To ensure we are doing everything we can, all Scarlet Pearl Associates are required to wear face masks and all front-of-house employees who have direct customer transactions are required to wear gloves.
- Reminder Signage: To reinforce all our property-wide initiatives we have added signage throughout our front- and back-of-house.
Temperature Check at Casino Entry
Thermal measuring devices will be in place at the main casino entry and at our employee entrance to allow non-invasive temperature checks on all team members and guests. For both guest and associates, those with a temperature at or over 100.4°F (38°C) will be subject to secondary screening.
- Those guests confirmed to have a temperature at or over 100.4°F will not be allowed on the gaming floor.
- Those employees with a temperature at or over 100.4°F will be asked to return home and not be allowed to work that day.
We have taken great care to ensure that we continue to provide all the games you love on our floor while maintaining physical distancing protocols:
- We redesigned parts of our floor to increase spacing to maintain CDC and Mississippi State Department of Health social distancing recommendations.
- We have added plexiglass dividers to reduce virus/bacteria transmission.
- At your request, a member of the slot team or EVS team will be happy to wipe down your machine or seat before playing.
Scarlet Pearl will abide by the Mississippi Gaming Commission guidelines regarding table games and will adjust as direction is given. At this time, the Scarlet Plans on doing the following:
- There will be a three (3) chair/guest maximum per table game. Craps will be allowed three (3) guests maximum per side.
- Shields on games between each guest and between guests and dealer.
- Players cards to be dealt “face up”. Dealer’s cards face down as usual.
- Dice will be sanitized for each shooter.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at every table.
- Table Game staff will sanitize all tables, chairs, rails, shields, gaming equipment prior to opening games, when a guest leaves the table and upon closing games.
- All chips received at the cage, either via guest or employee will be disinfected per CDC and MSDH guidelines.
The Scarlet Pearl Sportsbook Team will work in conjunction with our EVS department to ensure our kiosks are kept disinfected.
The Scarlet Pearl’s already stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been recently upgraded to reflect the current situation. Wide Range II EPA-certified disinfectant is used to clean guest suites, including “high-touch” items like television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, control panels, light switches, thermostats and flooring. In addition, we continue to wash all linen at a high temperature and with appropriate cleaning products in order to eliminate any possible viral and bacterial pathogens. Upon each guest check-out, a thorough deep-cleaning of the room will be performed with a 60-point inspection.
During your stay, housekeeping services have been suspended for the safety of both our guest and associates in an effort to reduce non- essential contact, but linens, towels and additional toiletries are available upon request.
Scarlet Pearl knows that some of our guests require valet service and we will continue to provide this service at our front porte-cochere.
Food & Beverage
The Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort is committed to providing a safe dining experience for all guests. The Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort meets or exceeds all guidelines provided by FDA, Mississippi Department of Health, Mississippi Gaming Commission, ServSafe, OSHA, The National Restaurant Association, and the CDC’s updated guidelines for food handling, preparation, and safety to prepare and serve your food safely. Chefs and managers are required to conduct self-assessments of their work areas for each shift. We are also selective in choosing our food from suppliers to ensure it is of the highest quality.
Some specific changes that you will see:
- We have arranged all tables in all outlets to adhere to social distancing requirements. Please note, we will be operating at reduced capacity.
- Disposable menus will be used.
- In the event of lines, we have placed floor signage to reinforce social distancing requirements.
- Our buffet will remain closed at this time.
Just like our customers, our associates are part of the Scarlet Pearl Family. The same level of rigor applied to our customer-facing initiatives follow to our back-of-house protocols. These include:
- Requiring masks in back-of-house areas.
- Physical distancing requirement for shared areas such as time-clock areas and the Family Dining Room.
- Regularly cleaning shared workstations.
Taking care of our guests and community is part of our core tenets. If there are any questions you have regarding our initiatives and protocols, please send us a message through our Contact Page.